Click thru to read about how I spent today, an autumn Thursday.
At my desk! Writing code! Whee! Okay, sorry.
Today I tackled one of the greatest obstacles known to berylium1.0-- spell check. And I'm pleased to say that I was successful in getting to the first base camp. As a matter of fact, if you ever need a spellchecker, try http://chxo.com/scripts/spellcheck.php. I think it works well enough.
That reminds me, I better upload it.Okay, done.
I also rewrote to other scripts at http://chxo.com/scripts/-- image-list and image-info, both very useful if you maintain directories full of images on a webserver (at home or on the internet).
All of these are now released under the GPL, hooray.
Next step spellingwise is to integrate with berylium, so that you could click on a link beneath a text field, which would open the spellchecker window with the text from that field, check it, correct it, and then dump the corrected text back into the original text field, all without losing your data or sanity.
Heh. I just checked this text-- it wanted to capitalize many words, which is annoying, but it also found two l's on useful. Next step after integrating with berylium will be to allow members to maintain their own personal word lists and replacement tables (aspell learns about how you replace words over time!).
By Psydeshow on October 10, 2002 at 11:54pm